Monday, March 23, 2015

Sink Hunt


So this is a little out of order, I haven't shown you our counter-tops yet, but I went on this sink hunt before we found the counter-top because I knew we would have to have one. So...I'll show you the counter-tops later this week! 

Long story short: We had to get a new sink.  I didn't want to pay $$$$ for it.  So I heard about this warehouse construction sale happening downtown so my MIL and my dad went with me. It was great fun, however, they were $$$ which wasn't what I wanted.  I wanted $ and would have settled for $ 1/2. Which we did in the end. We got a sink and faucet at trusty HD for $245ish and it had a dish rack. Score. :) 


I wanted a big sink.  A big farmhouse sink if possible. 


I wanted a deep sink. Because I feel it's more useful. 






I wanted the sink to be open to be one bowl not two.  But most of these would have worked, I guess.
Except that they were so expensive and heavy(the middle one) and used (the right one), which isn't too bad, but not for me. I knew I could do better.

This one was cool, but aside from being mucho $$$$ it was so industrial, not really the vibe of our kitchen.
We bought this one from Home Depot. It's awesome. It's $230.  Which is pretty good comparatively. Not CHEAP but well worth the expense.  It's a wonderful sink! Daniel likes it.  I like it. It's a win-win-win. 

So what do ya'll think? What kind of sink do you have? Do you have a dream sink? 

Love,
Sarah


6 comments:

  1. Oh I do love that sink!! I'm obsessed with the big Farmhouse sinks like you mentioned. Ours has two bowls but is pretty amazing, I cannot wait to get a cool sensor faucet, those are fancy! The moment I told our realtor this is our house she immediately exclaimed that we could easily change the counter-tops. I think I shocked her when I told her I love the blue. I honestly don't think anyone besides me, my husband and the guy who used to own the house would love those counter-tops. I will have to send you a picture! I'm loving following the adventure of making your home yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see a picture of your kitchen! :)

      Delete
  2. You’ve picked a pretty nice sink, Sarah! And it’s nice to know that you and Daniel are quite satisfied with it. Some sinks could be expensive because of its looks, and of course its sturdiness. But what you chose is pricey for all the right reasons. It’s durable, easy to use, and is large enough to accommodate the bigger pots and pans. Anyway, thanks for sharing this with us. Have a great day!


    Lovella Cushman@ Perfection Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Ltd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for reading! We do love that it fits the bigger pots and pans! It just makes doing the dishes that much easier.

      Delete
  3. Your taste doesn't seem to fail in choosing the right sink for your kitchen. Yes, it might be expensive; but at least you can rely on the quality that comes with its cost. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing, Sarah!

    Gordon Patton @ Bison Plumbing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really hard to choose for the best sink that will fit your kitchen. There are lots of things to consider, but what's of utmost important is the quality and functionality. Well, the one you chose is a little pricey, but it seems that it will serve you great. Good to know that it was installed properly. In any way, thanks for sharing that, Sarah! All the best to you!

    Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing

    ReplyDelete