Tuesday, April 7, 2015

progress in kitchen and dining room



I just wanted to show off some of our latest projects.  Our new lights in the kitchen and dining rooms and a pots and pans hanger.  Yipppee!



Today I thought I would share a little about our dining room light fixture.  I had seen this paint at Target but had no need for it at the time. (Also I was wondering why in the world Target was selling paint? Strange.)  It's a perfectly lovely shade of pale, pale green. 



We wanted to return the light fixture that we had lived in the dining room for 49 years to it's place, but it was in need of a good makeover.  Our wonderful friend Jeff took it apart (he helped us with MOST of the wiring that was in dire need of updating.)  


I painted all the pieces.  It took several coats.  While the color of Target's paint was beautiful it wasn't the best for coverage.  It probably isn't very durable either, but that doesn't matter so much on the light fixture.  


After it was painted Jeff helped us to reattach it to the ceiling.  He also picked out these awesome light bulbs that look fantastic without the bulky globes.  




He has all kinds of awesome video tutorials and info about vintage lights!

One more bonus picture: 


This is my mother-in-love's front porch from this last Christmas, courtesy of the Christmas Craftsman, aka. Jeff. 


love,
Sarah




1 comment:

  1. The kitchen is looking good, Sarah :) Jess and I are coming for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete